Literacy First is a research-based, systematic, systemic and comprehensive reform process that accelerates reading achievement of all students in grades PreK to 12. This nationally validated process is approved for use and implemented in Reading First schools, as well as in Comprehensive School Reform grant schools with proven success.
The Literacy First Process:
- closes the reading gap of all AYP subgroups as demonstrated on nationally normed assessments
- causes teachers to be more consciously competent about the reading process
- refines teachers instructional skills;
- strengthens principals instructional leadership skills
- offers flexible models to scale from individual schools to larger school districts.
This data-driven process develops stronger teachers, exceptional school leaders, and as a result, dramatic achievement growth across all students. These claims are backed by a wealth of student, school and district results to prove repeated success in a vast variety of environments. So just what makes it work?
The Literacy First Process includes:
- Individualized Needs Identification through comprehensive Site Analysis
- Change Motivation foundations for administrations and staff;
- Professional Develop for Trainer of Trainers, Teachers, Site Specialists, and Administrators;
- Recommended video and print Resource Materials for continued support to trainings;
- Personalized Consulting and Coaching resources available on-site or via email, phone or fax;
- MyDataFirst.com data compilation and analysis site for easy data insertion and comparison to goals and national norms.
Literacy First is a powerful change implementation method based on a strong site relationship among administrators, teachers, students, and a Literacy First expert in reading, instructional technique, and change motivation. And from that relationship develops a clear, well-mapped path to success.
Learn more about the Literacy First process: