Literacy Firsts expert consultants analyze each site and make individualized recommendations for change. These recommendations provide specific goals and objectives designed to solve real barriers to student achievement, including:
- building Positive Culture,
- strengthening Instructional Practices,
- refining Assessment Procedures,
- establishing, Effective Time Usage,
- providing Intervention Procedures,
- developing Curriculum/Materials Alignment and consistency of use, and
- strengthening Instructional Leadership Practices.
There are many secrets for empowering students to be successful learners. Acknowledging the true facts of a schools profile is one of those secrets. Literacy Firsts Site Analysis allows one to have a picture from which to match research-based teaching strategies to building needs. A partnership based on building needs evolves from the Site Analysis. Challenges identified from the Site Analysis become opportunities for professional growth. Professional growth for staff empowers students to be learners.
Arkansas City School District